Monday, June 20, 2011

Summer To-Do List

School ended Friday (finally!) so today I made a summer to-do list with my children. After I reigned in their expectations a bit (no out-of-state trips or overnights at Great Wolf Lodge), we had a lot of fun. They came up with a lot of ideas all on their own, but still cheered at some of my simple suggestions. Now that it is hanging on the wall, they like to look at the list and tell each other "Wow, we are going to have a fun summer!"
I'm not original in coming up with this idea, by any means, but here is how I did it. I bought a poster frame at Michaels--with a 40% off coupon it came to around $5. Then I cut five pieces of scrapbook paper into 1.25 inch strips and used scrapbook adhesive to stick the strips directly to the paper that came in the poster frame. Once the entire piece of paper was covered, I trimmed off the excess paper. So simple!

For the "Happy Summer" pennant print that you see at the top of our list, I used this printable that I found at The Rubber Punkin and just cut it down a bit.

I wrote our list directly on the glass/plastic on the front of the frame with a Sharpie. It comes off with Windex and a bit of scrubbing (I tested it).

Here are some other great summer to-do lists:
  • whatever ~ this one makes me crave an old-fashioned green chalkboard!
  • Laura Winslow ~ this one is done for you--just print it! 101 ideas for summer fun!
  • eighteen25 ~ these ladies always have something going on, and this is no exception!
  • Sunny Side Up ~ Erin's list is on poster board and is cute, colorful, and full of summer fun!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Love this idea! LOVE!