Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Monogram Button Pillow

I sewed up this easy pillow project yesterday and I'm so pleased with how it turned out. No tutorial because this project is all over the internet, but it really is very simple. If you've never sewn a pillow cover before, Cottage Magpie has a simple step-by-step tutorial that I've used several times with great results. This was my first time adding in the piping around the edge of my pillow and I'm mostly satisfied with the results. I do have room for improvement for next time though! (And apparently I should have ironed the front of my pillow. Whoops!)

I bought the buttons for my initial at Saint Vincent de Paul (they have a huge bin of monochromatic buttons) and drew a letter on the front of my pillow with a sewing pencil. Then I just sewed buttons on as I went. No fancy layout or anything like that. Except for cutting out the fabric, I did all of this yesterday--it really was a quick and easy project, nothing fancy at all!

I'm still deciding where to put it--I kind of like it here with my new ruffly pillows... At any rate, I'm really happy with the results!

Linking to: Hookin' Up with HoH at House of Hepworths

4 comments:

Wendy @ Ramblings from the Sunshine State said...

That turned out really nice!! My 2 year old would probably try & rip the buttons off, lol.

Angela @ Cottage Magpie said...

Oh, gorgeous pillow! I have a collection of buttons and I have been meaning to make a button pillow forEVER but haven't gotten around to it yet. I love yours! It's lovely, and looks perfect with the ruffly pillow!

~Angela~

P.S. Oh, and thanks so much for mentioning me, that was really sweet of you!

Debbie said...

I love it. I think a sewing machine it my next purchase, I was going to get one yesterday from HSN since they had craft month specials but the "cheap" one was out of stock. I asked my hubby for one for my birthday, we will see if he gets it :)

Honey I'm Home Blog said...

Ooooh. I love buttons & I love this project. It turned out so cute. Great blog too.

Warmly, Michelle