Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Better than Brownies!

What is better than chocolate fudge brownies?? How about chocolate fudge brownies that you don't have to make yourself!
I'm not usually a brownie mix kind of girl, but Princess REALLY wanted to bake something all by herself and I thought this would be easier for her than baking from scratch. She picked out the mix all by herself (I think the word "fudge" is what swayed her!) and then carried the box all through the grocery store. I had to put a halt to the brownie box lovefest when, at the register, she was bestowing lavish kisses all over the box before putting it on the conveyor belt.
Handsome was not pleased to be relegated to the role of observer, but he was pacified by the promise of warm brownies. Meanwhile, Princess did a GREAT job! She read the recipe and did a really good job with it--I did help with the amounts of the various ingredients though. She's great at reading, but we haven't covered fractions yet!
I had her stir with a fork because I didn't want to deal with the huge mess she would have made with the handmixer. She didn't seem to care though!
The brownies were wonderful and Princess was so proud of herself! I'd post a picture...but we devoured them already! Yum!

3 comments:

Rae said...

What a big girl! I am so impressed!!!!!

Infarrantly Creative said...

That is so great...teaching her young. Maybe when she is 10 you won't have to enter the kitchen anymore and she will be making gourmet meals ;-)

Ms. Tee said...

Awww, so cute! What a big girl she is! :)