Monday, January 5, 2009

Boxtops for Education

Well we were swamped with snow before Christmas and our area does NOT do snow well! I think UPS still is delivering the backlog of packages--they had two weeks worth of packages at their distribution centers because their trucks couldn't get through the snow! It was *crazy* around here!
So, I was stuck in my house for the week before Christmas because of the weather...and then the week after Christmas I was stuck in my bed because of some horrible ailment that combines the aches of the flu with a long lasting migraine. It was NOT fun!
Luckily I did my shopping online and I did it EARLY--not as early as past years when I was done with shopping by Thanksgiving, but I did still do it early enough that I didn't have to worry about Santa's gifts being held hostage by UPS!

One of my favorite places to order books from is Barnes and Noble--and if you go through BoxTops4Education, not only do you still get the standard free shipping if your order is over $25, but your favorite school will earn back 6% of your purchase!

It is WAY easier to earn money for your school this way rather than clipping all those boxtops...although I must admit, I do still have piles of boxtops around too.

So, go shopping! Spend those Christmas gift cards!!

And, by the way, if you have a little girl, I have a book recommendation for you. We checked this book out from the library and my little girl cried her eyes out when she realized it was a library book and not one that we could keep--usually she's very good at returning books, but she really fell in love with this one. Lucky for us, it is in stock online at Barnes and Noble!
It is such a sweet book about a little girl and her daddy. It would be a perfect Father's Day gift or just a special daddy-daughter book. The illustrations are charming, too. Just a great book all around!

3 comments:

Marie said...

Thanks for the Barnes and Noble tip. I can't believe I don't own that book by Tim McGraw yet. I LOVE HIM! :o)

Shannon said...

Wow! Look at all that snow!

frillsfluffandtrucks said...

Hi Marie and Shannon!

Yes, the book is amazing!! :) I had no idea about it until I found it at the library.

And yes, we received a LOT of snow! We live in an area that is not equipped for snow, either!