Monday, February 22, 2010

Hopping down the bunny trail...

While shopping at Goodwill (the horribly over-priced closest Goodwill...they charge more for used stuff than Target charges for it new!) I spotted this little bunny. He was a little too realistic looking for me...but he was 50% off, so I had to buy him. 50% off means I paid $1 for him instead of $2--probably the price he cost at the dollar store I'm sure he came from originally.
A quick blast of white spray paint and he's cleaned up and ready for my spring decorating! Some people might prefer the realistic original version, but I prefer this version. I suspect he'll end up with a little bow around his neck. He'll work well in my spring and Easter decorating...but first I need to get my Valentine decorations down!

8 comments:

Jodee said...

Great find! He will be perfect for Easter. I am going junk store shopping with a friend in March. I can't wait!

Hope you have a great week!

Julie Johnson said...

Too cute. I have two little bunnies that were my moms...sitting in my art studio reorganization land. I hadn't thought of painting them all white. Excellent idea! Now to find the spray paint! :)
Julie

Darlene said...

My Goodwill must be in cahoots with YOUR Goodwill on the pricing thing!!!! I NEVER get some of the deals that others find at GW. On Friday I went in and saw a glass baking pan (Anchor) that sells for maybe 5 or 6 dollars new (this one wasn't new). They wanted $6.00 for it....are you kidding me?!?! It stayed there!!!

Love your little bunny. CUTE! Perfect in your Spring/Easter decorating. Enjoy your day.♥

Jessica said...

I'm so glad I'm not the only one that thinks our new GW is overpriced! Cute bunny. I never would have thought to paint him, but he looks great now!

The Single Nester said...

I agree. I find the Goodwill near me to be very expensive compared to Target or the Dollar Tree. In addition, I like the spruced up bunny.

Unknown said...

great find I just love bunnies!

Carrie

Anonymous said...

Apparently great minds think a like!! I love your bunny. I would love to find some more at GW and group them together.

Thanks for stopping by my blog!!

Emily said...

Nope, I love your redo! :o)