Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Blueberry Coffee Cake

This is my favorite coffee cake recipe--I loooove it and only make it with fresh blueberries because otherwise I might be tempted to make it year-round. At least this way I limit myself to making it in the summer. It is soooo yummy and people LOVE it--and I don't share the recipe with just anyone!


Blueberry Coffee Cake
  • 1 cup packed brown sugar
  • 2/3 cup flour
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/2 cup butter or margarine
  • 2 cups flour
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 cup butter or margarine
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 3/4 cup milk
  • 1 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
  • 1/4 cup confectioners sugar (for dusting)
  1. Heat oven to 350, coat bundt pan with cooking spray
  2. Make streusel topping: mix 1 cup brown sugar, 2/3 cup flour, and cinnamon in a medium bowl. Cut in 1/2 cup margarine. The mixture will be crumbly.
  3. For the cake: beat 1/2 cup margarine in a large bowl until creamy; add 1 cup white sugar and beat until fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Whisk together 2 cups flour, baking powder, and salt. Add alternating with milk to the creamed mixture, beating well after each addition.
  4. Spread 1/2 batter in the pan. Cover with berries and add remaining batter by tablespoons. Cover with streusel topping.
  5. Bake at 350 for 55-60 minutes until deep golden brown. Remove pan to wire rack to cool. Invert onto a plate after cake has cooled. Dust with confectioners sugar before serving

4 comments:

Shannon said...

This looks yummy and I don't even like blueberries! But a lot of people in my fam do so I will have to save this!

Rae said...

It looks like it came straight from a fabulous little bakery! Yum-o!!

frillsfluffandtrucks said...

You know, my two year old doesn't like blueberries either (in his words, "me no like boo-berry") but he loves this cake!

Jessica said...

oooohh, that looks yummy! I'll definately have to tuck this away for a rainy day!! (and everyone here loves blueberries!!) ~Jessica