Friday, August 29, 2008

Fall Decorating ~ I will be strong!

I keep seeing hints of fall around and it doesn't help that we've had the world's shortest summer this year. We're already experiencing rainy fall weather here--I'm hoping summer makes an encore before leaving us for good.

Still, I am holding strong and NOT putting out my fall decorations yet. I did, however, take stock of what I have...and took a picture, too!
Some of this is new but most is from previous years. I need more *fall* decor since some of what I have is Halloween specific and I only like to have that out in October. Those three stacked pumpkins are new for this year--I want to make a pumpkin topiary to have next to the front door.

My fall decorations look so meager like this, but they sure do take up a lot of storage space! I'm looking forward to doing some new decorations this year--I love adding to my seasonal decorating each year.

11 comments:

Rae said...

I'm holding strong with ya!!

Kitty Scraps said...

As much as I love fall, it's my favorite time of year and I have more fall decorative things than any other season, I'm resisting the push to rush into it. No fall decorating till mid-Sept for me. So I'm standing firm with you not to rush.

Whitney said...

Love fall - love it! :)

I don't think it will hurt your stomach at all. The ab video might, but definitely not the others.

Anonymous said...

Lookin good.. I didn't know that you were in my neck of the woods?? I saw your post over at Watch the Wind Blow By.. I live close to Mt. Vernon! I'm ready to decorate for fall.. but not actually ready for fall yet!!

Jessica said...

What?!? Did I miss summer??? ~ oh wait, that's right we didn't have one :-(

I plan on updating my fall decor box, but I wait until after the season is over and I stock up with things are marked down 90% :-)

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

I'm trying to hold out as well! I'll see if I can make it to September...

Marie said...

I thought I was going to have no problem waiting, but with all you wonderful women with great decorating ideas, it's getting hard to keep "fall" at bay! My husband actuall offered to dig the Fall decorating box out of the attic for me but I told him no. I'm TRYING. :o) I can't wait to see pictures of everyone else's house though!

abeachcottage said...

looking good, can't wait to see it!

Sarah

Nicole said...

I'm trying to hold strong too. It's tough when all these blogging ladies have the cutest ideas. I already have two that I want to copy from BienVenue. It looks like you have some fun decorations, I can't wait to see what you do with them.

Annie said...

I love seeing all the fall ideas being shared. But I just can't decorate for fall when it's 96 degrees, and like 80% humidity! I can't wait for this weekend, the weather-man said it'll be in the low 80's! Maybe I can drag out some stuff then.

Tiffany said...

I am so with you on this. I am really trying to hold out... I just love pumpkins.. especially when I ake them all pretty with ribbon and my hot glue gun.