Thursday, August 28, 2008

Yard Sale Find!

I went out on Saturday morning and hit a few yard sales before running errands--all by myself, no children in tow! Wow, what freedom! I hardly ever do that! I wanted to bring one of the munchkins with me, but opted to leave them at home together so they could entertain each other in the backyard while my husband worked on pulling out more overgrowth on the slope in our backyard. He is SO close to having that whole mess pulled out!

Anyhow, most of the sales I found were full of junk. One sale that was supposed to be a huge one in a church parking lot would have easily fit into my driveway. Such a disappointment!

I did, however, buy this for $1--I was pretty pleased with that price.
I like the texture and dimension it will add to one of my walls. I think I'm going to put it in my laundry/powder room (yes it is a dual purpose room--not my choice!) and although originally I thought I would need to paint it white, I think the color actually will work quite well in there. It is a bit hard to tell in the pictures, but it is a yellow green color with a brown rub. Pretty and a bit different.

Now I need suggestions on two things. First is what to hang it up with--it has a big circle at the top for hanging. I was thinking of using a small knob from the hardware store. What do you think? Second, what should I put in it? Towels aren't really necessary since it just is a powder room with a handtowel. I'm a bit stumped on this! I think it will be put up just above the washing machine and very close to a window...in case that info helps!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Ohhh ! Very nice find... it took my breath away! I need one of those for the front porch.... sweet indeed~

cherry said...

OHHH I love it...I would have snapped that puppy up as well. Thanks for comin by and visitin me! cherry

Nicole said...

That is a great find. You know me, I say hang everything with a knob. As far as what to put in it.....hmmm, I'll have to think about that one. I'd say maybe some dried flowers, but is that outdated?

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

Well I think that is a fantastic find!! You just commented to me that you can't find a little table on craig's list, etc. but I am personally jealous of this bargain! :) Gorgeous!
-Carrie

Kris said...

Hi, thanks for stopping by and sharing the Love.
Great garage sale find. I love garage sailing, or junking.

Megan @ Megity's Handmade said...

That is one cute little basket. I think think the knob idea is a great idea for hanging. Hmmm...all I can think is handtowels. Maybe those decorator ball things that you see all over Hobby Lobby and boutiques?

Pennies In My Pocket said...

Ohhhhh great find! I love things like that! Aren't garage sales the best???

Great blog you have here!

~melody~