Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Touch a Truck


For this week's "Talk About Tuesday" I'm talking about trucks! There has been a lot of fluff talk around here lately and not enough truck talk. (Re-read my journal title if you need a refresher.) We went to our town's "Touch a Truck" event this weekend--and the adjacent Farmers Market joined in with "Touch a Tractor". Needless to say, Handsome was in his element and Princess was pretty pleased too!

The gravel company gave out plastic hard hats (flimsy ones--but very neat nonetheless!) and they were a huge hit! Makes a nice change from our stash of plastic fire hats. We have so many fire hats since we stalk the fire truck every time it makes an appearance.

Princess is about 47 inches tall (probably a bit taller because it has been awhile since she was measured) and this tractor tire was taller than she was!
We had to pry Handsome away from the tractors.
Overall it was a great way to spend some time on a Saturday! We saw tractors, a fire truck, police SUV, school bus, city bus, cement mixer, dump truck, dive boat, a pump truck, and probably something else that I'm forgetting. I love free events like this for children.

11 comments:

Charity Grace said...

Your kids are so cute! They look like they are having too much fun. :)

Darlene said...

Your children are adorable....looks like that had a fabulous time.

My daughter is 9 and she still says something about a fire truck anytime we pass the fire station, or see one, because they have brought them to their school several times and they get to climb all over them....she just loves them!

Whitney said...

YOU WON!!!!!!! check my site for details.

Shannon said...

I bet your kids loved this!! Looks like fun.

Sorry to tempt you with the sign! :) I will say though that her prices are very reasonable compared to others that I've seen. :)

The Beauty Bargainista said...

This is so fun! My mom's husband drived an 18-wheeler flatbed cross country, and my daughter LOVES to sit in the cab and pretend that she's driving! :)

That huge tire is too funny!

Mrs. O said...

I have some nephews who would be in heaven with all those trucks

Unknown said...

hi!i stumbled on your blog from glamorous housewife...congrats on your win!

cute blog ;) your kids are precious!

be sure to swing by the pink potpourri...we are currently hosting a swap, and would love for you to join in on the fun! we also have weekly giveaways every weekend!

Jennifer P. said...

they look in heaven!--especially the boy!

Lara said...

What fun for little ones! And probably the big ones too!!

Mom2my10 @ 11th Heaven said...

I LOVE the pictures! Your kids are too cute, I especially love the second to the last picture.

Anonymous said...

This had to be BIG for them. Great photos!