Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Fridge Organization

Shannon at Rocks in My Dryer is hosting Works for Me Wednesday and she posted about her newly organized fridge...which made me think that *of course* the blogosphere would *love* to see MY organized fridge. (yeah, right!) Anyhow, here is my fridge. I love having it neat and clean and organized--it just makes me happy to have a corner of organization hidden behind what can sometimes be a mess of magnets.

Here is the front of the fridge. I organized the alphabet magnets a few days ago and my 2.5 year old has been enjoying having them in order--he stands in front of the fridge and chants the alphabet while touching each letter. Oh, and the stuff you see on the left side of the fridge--that's where I hang our aprons. Princess has a cupcake apron, Handsome has a Thomas the Tank Engine apron, and I have a boring blue apron because my husband didn't pay attention to the Etsy links I gave him at Christmas time and didn't get me the cute apron I for Christmas that I asked for. But I'm not mourning that cute apron. Nope, not me. (sniff, sniff!)

And here is the inside of the fridge side. The top shelf holds eggs, applesauce, our Costco size bag of shredded cheese, and baby teethers--the teethers come in handy for when the children bite their tongue or the inside of their cheek, or have their teeth cut their lips when they fall. Shelf two holds our bajillion containers of organic milk (thank you Costco!) and other beverages. The top drawer holds lunch meat and string cheese. Shelf two holds dinner fixings--chicken alfredo for tonight and some meal I pulled out of the freezer for later in the week.

The little drawer has lunch meat and string cheese, the bottom shelf has bread and hamburger buns, the big drawer has fruit and fresh veggies, and the bottom drawer has meat and Smart Dogs (tofu hot dogs)--my 2.5 year old LOVES Smart Dogs but hates real meat.

The door holds condiments, yogurt, and some Pedialyte leftover from Mother's Day week when we all were vomiting our brains out. Blech!

The freezer isn't too exciting. The top shelf is the waffle shelf--Vern's Organic Waffles were on sale this week, so I bought six boxes--my children loooove those waffles for breakfast! Then we have the icemaker which takes up WAY too much room in the freezer. Then the bread shelf--I buy our organic multigrain bread at Costco so we always have extra loaves in the freezer. Next is the ice cream and frozen Lean Cuisine shelf. Nice juxtaposition, eh?! It is my small spot of humor in my freezer. ;) Then the frozen meat shelf (mostly chicken), and the bottom part of the freezer actually is a pullout drawer that I never pullout except when I'm cleaning out the freezer. Anyhow, it has frozen veggies. The door of the freezer just has icepacks right now--the spots in the door are so small that I can't fit much in them.

6 comments:

Tabitha said...

Um...wow. The front of your fridge reminds me of how my OCD college roommate's fridge would look! :) I add to my all the time so it always looks crazy--but people do enjoy standing there, looking and asking, "Who's that?" so...it works!
I need some of those alphabet magnets for my 2.5-year-old, but I'm afraid he would have them all over the floor in seconds. Does the rest of your home look this neat????

frillsfluffandtrucks said...

Oh my goodness, you MUST get the magnets! They're Leapfrog--we have two sets because we have both the alphabet set and the Word Whammer set. We *love* them! My 2.5 year old and 4.5 year old both have played with them and they are fantastic. My 2.5 year old knows letter names and sounds and it mostly is due to Leapfrog!

And, um, yes...I am "particular" about how things look in my house. I can't think straight if things aren't just right.

If it makes you feel better, I do have a pile of laundry sitting next to me on the couch that I'm putting off folding. ;)

~ Sarah

Tabitha said...

YES, it DOES make me feel better!! :) I know whatcha mean...there are definitely certain things I don't compromise on but it's a work in progress!! Thanks for the magnets tips--I'll be on the lookout!!

Rae said...

I feel so guilty every time I see the inside of someone else's fridge! Mine is empty. Well, not completely. I have condiments! :) I HATE grocery shopping and should have gone yesterday but of course I did not. At this point Saturday will be the next possible day!

Jen said...

The fridge looks great (inside and out)! I've never heard of Smart Dogs--wonder if my kids would go for them. Hot Dogs are so gross!

Unknown said...

I would be scared to show all of you gals my fridge... I have so much jammed into that little freezer. Susie H