Tuesday, June 24, 2008

What is in bloom?

It is "Talk About Tuesday" over on The Lazy Organizer and I'm talking about my garden!

Summer has arrived and my garden...well...it barely is blooming! It has been so rainy and cool here...my Endless Summer Hydrangeas have been poised to bloom for weeks and weeks--and yet I have just ONE bloom on my bushes--and I have five or six bushes!! Finally at the end of this week we'll be getting some nice warm weather and SUNSHINE so hopefully things will start blooming soon!

My first daisy is blooming--I can't wait until the black-eye susans follow suit. I love those flowers!


I'm trying not to spend much money on annuals and instead invest that money into perennials...but I couldn't resist these Wave Petunias.

Balloon flowers are a new addition to my garden this year. I just couldn't resist them and the name is perfect for the bloom. Don't you just want to reach over and pop the flower?!

My planter boxes and porch pots are filled with red geraniums and white alyssum--looks pretty with my blue house!

Here is my one lonely hydrangea bloom--and yet look at all the hydrangea bushes I have! There are two more in this row of bushes that aren't in the picture. Oh well, at least I'll eventually have a lot of blooms--last year I had ZERO blooms from these bushes due to some overzealous pruning the year before. They've come back better than ever this year though, so all that pruning did pay off in the long run.

12 comments:

Rae said...

I have never seen a balloon flower before! I do so love it!! Is it a perennial or annual? I agree with you about spending money on perennials instead of the annuals. Though I do love geraniums. Of course, once I discovered there are perennial geraniums I started buying those instead of the annuals! :)

Fifi Flowers said...

LOVE flowers... that daisy is STUNNING!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Those flowers are amazing. I love the balloon flower. I have never seen one before.

Tiffany said...

The flowers are gorgeous! I have never seen a balloon flower, but I might have to look out for some.

frillsfluffandtrucks said...

Thanks everyone! The balloon flowers are perennials, woohoo!!

Tausha said...

Beautiful flowers. I love the garden!! I also love the cute pillows! So wish that I Could sew! The pillows add a dinindhing touch to the room! Cute!

Veggiemomof2 said...

Not only are those flowers beautiful, but you captured them wonderfully w/that picture. I need to find some photography tutorials online to show me how to take such wonderful pictures!

Richelle said...

Those are some pretty flowers!

Kayren said...

Your pictures turned out absolutely gorgeous! I think the balloon flower is very unique. I've never heard of one, much less seen one. Of course my favorite is your daisy!

Cambria said...

Just found your blog tonight and bookmarked it! Great fun stuff! Thanks

Jen said...

Oh wow! Those are some great pics. You are quite the talented gardener. I have a brown thumb. :(

Me on Metatrophin said...

Love the color of your house! The flowers are great, too!